Justrite 14160 Type I Polyethylene Safety Can with Stainless Steel Fittings, 1 Gallon Capacity, Red
- Type I safety can used to safely store, transport, and dispense flammable liquids; has an oval shape to help conserve shelf space
- Made of HDPE, which weighs less than steel and is resistant to dents, punctures, and certain chemicals; stainless steel fittings are resistant to rust and corrosion
- Spout cap self-closes to help prevent leaks or spills; trigger enables precise pouring
- Flame arrester helps prevent liquids inside the can from igniting and keep flames from spreading
- Integrated, current-carrying carbon insert facilitates grounding and helps prevent static sparks
The Justrite Type I polyethylene safety can is used to safely store, transport, and dispense flammable liquids and has an oval shape to help conserve shelf space. The can is made of HDPE (high-density polyethylene), which weighs less than steel and is resistant to dents, punctures, and certain chemicals. The fittings are made of stainless steel, which is resistant to rust and corrosion. The spout cap self-closes to help prevent leaks or spills. The trigger enables precise pouring. A flame arrester helps prevent liquids inside the can from igniting and keep flames from spreading. An integrated, current-carrying carbon insert facilitates grounding and helps prevent static sparks. This safety can may be available in different colors (red for gasoline or other flammable liquids or white for acids or corrosives) to separate, store, and identify different liquids.
Hazardous storage cans are used to safely store, transport, and dispense flammable or hazardous liquids. They are typically made of polyethylene, 24-gauge galvanized steel, or 24-gauge stainless steel. (Gauge is a measure of thickness; the lower the gauge, the thicker the material.) Hazardous storage cans come in a variety of styles, such as Type I cans, which have a single spout for filling and pouring, and Type II cans, which have a flexible metal hose for pouring and a second opening for filling. They are often color-coded for different liquids (for instance, red cans for gasoline, blue cans for kerosene, yellow cans for diesel fuel, or green cans for oil). Other common features include flame arrestors, which help prevent the liquid inside the can from igniting, and seam welds, which help prevent leaks. Certain hazardous storage cans are FM Approved, and many meet National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards for the storage and handling of flammable liquids. Hazardous storage cans are used in a variety of commercial and industrial environments and can also be suitable for home use.
Justrite manufactures safety equipment to store, transfer, use, and dispose of hazardous materials. The company, founded in 1906, is headquartered in Des Plaines, IL.
- Product Dimensions: 7.63 x 4.63 x 12.75 inches; 3 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 3 pounds
- ASIN: B003PGRNQA
- Item model number: