- 10-Ounce nectar capacity
- Sea green antique bottle design and brushed silver accents
- 4 Feeding ports
- Made of metal and glass
- Metal hanger attached for ease of hanging
- 4 decorative metal feeding ports to accommodate several hummers
Green antique Bottle Hummingbird Feeder features a sea green glass bottle with brushed silver accents with 4 decorative flower feeding ports surrounding its base. To attract hummingbirds, users should locate the feeder away from sun and wind. Sun may cause the nectar mixture to turn bad, while wind may swing the feeder around, causing the mixture to spill. Tying a red ribbon on the feeder wire or pole may also help hummingbirds find the feeder, as will adding a water source, such as a birdbath or bird waterer
The Perky-Pet Clear Glass Antique Bottle Hummingbird Feeder is one of Perky-Pet brand's most popular decorative feeders used to attract hummingbirds. The elegance and style of the glass antique bottle, along with its brushed copper accents will add a touch of class to any bird lovers yard. This decorative feeder is a breeze to fill and clean, just unscrew the bottle from the base - it's that easy! Hummingbirds near and far will make this feeder a regular stop.
- Bright, brushed copper accents
- Shiny metal base
- Red feeding ports
- Consistently clean feeder filled with nectar
- Pure enjoyment and relaxation watching hummingbirds feeding right outside your window
- Ease of cleaning
- Ease of filling
- Stylish look this feeder will add to your yard
|Feeder specifications: |
- Dimensions 10" x 5" x 5"
- All metal and glass feeder
- 10 ounce capacity
|Hummingbird Migration: || |
- Hummingbirds migrate every year for variety and abundance of insects and flowering plants
- Hummingbirds travel back to the tropics once the weather gets colder, or when their internal instincts alert them it's time
- Migration typically begins sometime in late February and ends in late September
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What criteria should I use when selecting a hummingbird feeder?
A. Make sure it is one that will be easy to clean and fill, especially since you will need to clean the feeder every few days. If you are worried about bees and wasps or ants invading the feeder, purchase a hummingbird feeder with bee guards.
Q. How do I clean my hummingbird feeders?
A. Hummingbird feeders need to be cleaned every 1-2 weeks. Use hot water and a bottle brush, along with mild soap; be sure to rinse thoroughly. The Perky-Pet cleaning mop is specifically designed for the purpose of cleaning hummingbird feeders, and is very convenient to use. This cleaning mop can also be used on seed feeders and oriole feeders for those small, tight spaces that are difficult to reach.
Q. What is the importance of providing water for hummingbirds?
A. Hummingbirds need fresh, clean water just as much as they need nectar. Hummingbirds stay healthy by using water not just for drinking, but also bathing, cleaning their feathers and to remove parasites. Waterers are better options than bird baths because they provide hummingbirds with fresh, clean water that prevents dirt and debris from contaminating it. In hotter climates or seasons, providing water for hummingbirds makes it easy for them to have access to a water source and retain their energy.
Comparing types of Hummingbird Feeders:
| || || || || || || |
|Type ||Traditional ||Top Fill ||Decorative ||Dish Style ||Large Capacity ||Window Mount |
|Bottom Fill ||X || ||X || ||X ||X |
|Top Fill || ||X || ||X || || |
|Easy to Clean ||X ||X ||X ||X ||X ||X |
|Wide Mouth Opening || ||X || ||X || || |
|Bee Guards ||X || || || || || |
|Ant Moat || ||X || || || || |
|Perches Included ||included ||included ||not included ||not included ||included ||included |
|Glass ||X ||X ||X ||X ||X || |
|Plastic || || || || || ||X |
|Type of Flowers ||plastic ||soft ||metal ||glass ||plastic ||plastic |
- Product Dimensions: 5.49 x 5.51 x 10.1 inches; 1 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds
- ASIN: B001UTY5MY
- Item model number: 8108-2